JUNE 2019 DRAFT PROGRAMME
As events are added, they will be listed here. This will enable organisers to see which dates are available.
EVENTS MARKED WITH * ARE ASSOCIATED EVENTS ORGANISED BY OTHER GROUPS.
*Friday 24 May, 8pm St Michael's Church, Roding Road. Medieval Fortified Manor Houses, talk by David Stevenson. £2.50 Organised by HEARS https://hears.vpweb.co.uk Contact: email@example.com
* BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY27 May, Family Fun Day at Epping Forest College Details to be confirmed later in the year.
*Tuesday 28 May Tea Dance - Swinging 60's - at St Michael's Church, Roding Road, Loughton For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
28th May 2019 Join FSC Epping Forest for our Family
Fun Day at Staples Road Pond (Loughton Brook Storage Pond) IG10 1HN. Drop by
any time between 11am and 3pm to enjoy pond dipping, minibeast hunting, trails
and more! Donations to Loughton
* Thursday 6th June 2019, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Led by Georgina Green, explore what so nearly happened to the Forest around the Strawberry Hill area before it was saved for us all by the 1878 Epping Forest Act. Donations welcome.
Meet at the Stubbles Car Park, Nursery Road, Loughton.
Organised by the Epping Forest Heritage Trust 020 8508 9061
Saturday 8 June, 2pm - 4pm.
Venue: The Jazz Archive, Loughton Library, Traps Hill.
Access via the car park.
Scam Awareness event focusing on how to avoid being scammed at ATMs and also in banking.
Important for everyone, especially older people who are often the ones targeted by scammers.
Our expert speakers will be:
Simon, an ATM technical manager from a major IT company.
Wendy, a Personal Banker at NatWest Loughton
This is a FREE event. No booking required, but please arrive early and be aware there is limited capacity in the room.
* Saturday 8 June High Beach Church The Songbirds return with a new programme following their sell out concert last year. Booking is highly advised, but tickets will also be available on the door. Tickets £10.00 to include light buffet from Jane.email@example.com or 07572 111387
*Friday 14 June, 10.30 am - 1pm Sensory Walk in High Beach
A High Beach easy access path free event where you and your carer can learn about the forest. This walk is open to people who are disabled or have special needs who will be assisted by their own support workers. All children must be supported by adults. Please bring suitable clothing and water. Phone 07710 783271 for more info
*Friday 14 June, 2pm – 4pm A Creative Photography Sensory Walk. Learn photography from a professional photographer. Bring your own camera and a bottle of water and wear suitable clothing.
For more details please phone 07710 783271
* Sat 15 June Open from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
St John’s Bellringers: Bell Tower tours
Visit the Tower of St John’s Church, Loughton, learn a little about the art of bell ringing and climb above the tower for very good views of Loughton. There may be the chance to try ringing a bell, depending on numbers.
Adults and children aged 8 and over only please. Ability to climb the 37 stone spiral steps to the bell tower is required. Tours will take circa 30 minutes. Donations encouraged.
* Saturday 15 June The Green Fayre 2019 from 1pm to 5pm Loughton Club, Station Road, Loughton full programme of stalls £10,00 organic lunch, liquid refreshment, group introductions , followed by raffle, and entertainment. Entrance £2.00 0208508 6313 for more info. TO BE CONFIRMED.
Saturday 15 June 2pm - 5pm
AFTER THE FIRST WORLD WAR
Venue: The Jazz Archive, Loughton Library, Traps Hill. Access is via the Traps Hill Car Park.
Professor David Stevenson (LSE) will present three talks, with plenty of time for questions after each one.
The Peace Process:
2pm - 2.45: The Peace Conference, the Treaty of Versailles and the League of Nations.
The Wars after the War: Two sessions.
3pm - 3.45. Session One: Left and Right in Europe; Russian Civil War, Fascism in Italy and the Weimar Republic.
4.15 - 5pm Nationalism and Independence: Ireland, Turkey and China.
No booking is required, but please turn up before 2pm to buy a ticket. £10
Tea will be provided.
* Friday 21 June Creative Expressions 1pm to 3 .30 pm at the Loughton Methodist Church. Organised by the Epping Forest Sunflower Group, working with people with special needs and their carers. Music, Interviews and Games. Everyone is welcome. Entrance
Saturday 22 June Day of events to be confirmed, including music at Lopping Hall: Celebrating the 1960s and 1970s and a Science Party for Children along with other events.
THIS DAY OF EVENTS MARKS THE END OF THE 2019 FESTIVAL - NO OTHER EVENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 21 JUNE.